Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Here are a few more suggestions for dicussion questions:
1) What was going on in the artist's world at the time of the work?
2) Why would a museum choose this work for their collection?
3) What relevance does this work hold for future viewers?
4) Would the impact of this work be less or more depending on location?
5) Do you need more info about the artist to understand the intent?
6) How would you address the meaning using the same media?
7) Compare your first impressions with the way you currently view
this work after learning more about the work?
8) Convince a panel of museum board members to purchase this work
The previous responses have been great. I have added them to my collection
of discussion questions. Thanks. I hope these help!
Lauren H. Killam