> Safety can be carried too far. A couple of years ago I noticed that my
> tempera paint started going bad and after complaining to the company
> that made it found out that because of safety factors, tempera paint
> has to be edible, so now it spoils like unrefrigerated food.
> I have always been considerate and asked students if they had allergies or
> breating ploblems with clay dust for example.
> I have to tell you though that I felt "diseased" or something when I cut
> myself by accident and the nurse and one administrator came into the room
> wearing rubber gloves and a mask! I cut myself and did not realize it while
> doing a demo of mat cutting and the poor students looked at me in horror
> when they realized I was not aware of the cut. The students kidded me
> about that for two years until they graduated.
> At 02:32 PM 8/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >Your points are well taken.