Re: SAFETY

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jerry Deasy (jdeasy@interaccess)
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:56:58 -0500 (CDT)

Judy
Safety can be carried too far. A couple of years ago I noticed that my
tempera paint started going bad and after complaining to the company
that made it found out that because of safety factors, tempera paint
has to be edible, so now it spoils like unrefrigerated food.
I have always been considerate and asked students if they had allergies or
breating ploblems with clay dust for example.
I have to tell you though that I felt "diseased" or something when I cut
myself by accident and the nurse and one administrator came into the room
wearing rubber gloves and a mask! I cut myself and did not realize it while
doing a demo of mat cutting and the poor students looked at me in horror
when they realized I was not aware of the cut. The students kidded me
about that for two years until they graduated.

Jerry

At 02:32 PM 8/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Mark,
>Your points are well taken.
>Judy

  • Reply: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo: "Re: SAFETY"