Re: arts and achievement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 16:08:37 -0500 (CDT)

My questions is - are these children doing better because of the arts, or
did they choose to take arts courses because they were the brighter
students in the first place? Someone needs to figure this one out.

Just to clear things up - I am a strong believer in the arts improving
academic abilities, critical thinking, etc. I have first hand experience
of seeing improvement in LD, behavior problems etc. But these types of
statistics/studies have data that is questionable.

Kathrine Walker, Beach Museum of Art