Re: Sculpture ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 07:56:26 -0500

You wrote:
>just recently, I made a mask,
>and used white glue and it worked much better. I will probably use the
>glue in the future.

My students and I have made masks with the white glue. The lion head which
I made with brown paper bags and white glue (and a raffia mane) doesn't
even need paint. For the final layer I used only the unprinted side of the
bags, torn (not cut) into strips and layered to make a grain, paying
attention to form and direction. The glue gets very hard, isn't sticky,
and doesn't need any sealant.

You also wrote:
>I think the only problem with the white glue will be the colors in the
>tissue dye running. They will have to be very careful,

I've found that some types of colored tissue runs, but some of the more
expensive varieties don't. I like to have both kinds on hand if possible,
in case running colors poses a problem.

You closed with:
>I just completed my first week of the school year and of course,
>confusion still reigns.

Have a great year! I look forward to completing my own first week one day.
Presently I'm still looking for a position.

)))))))))} {{{
))){{{{{{{{)){{{{{}{{{{{
))})}} } {{}}} }({{{
)))}}} }(({{
))}} (({{
))}} ~````~ ~~~~~' ((({
))}} `` `'\ / ''''' ((
)) }}{q O || O p((
) }}}{ q || '' p {(
))}} }{ [()] {((
) }))}{ \\ ////\\\ /// p{{ (
{{{ {{{
(Mark Alexander) mamjam
Lakeville, Connecticut, USA

  • Reply: Teresa Tipton: "Re: Paper Sculpture ideas"