Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Integrating school themes with art

From: Maggie White (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2011 - 21:41:42 PDT

Wow, wow, and wow, everyone! THANK YOU for all the fantastic ideas. I
realized yesterday it's been five years since I taught art and so
haven't thought like an art teacher for all that time. I was just
drawing a blank looking at all those themes, when I used to have ideas

Woody, I do like a challenge. Quito was pretty easy for me and I wanted
something totally different. Now I have it! Oman is a Muslim
country--not as Westernized as the UAE (which didn't appeal to me) nor
as restrictive as Saudi. Women have full rights here; ex-pat women are
expected to dress conservatively but then I do anyway. Most women here
wear an abaya and head scarf; I've seen very few fully veiled women. A
local woman pointed out the advantages of an abaya: you can wear
anything (or almost nothing) underneath, it's very comfortable,
doesn't need ironing. That got my attention!

On 9/1/2011 3:11 AM, Woody Duncan wrote:
> Maggie - you really like a challenge - I envied your position in Quito -
> but Oman - what a change ? Do keep us posted.
> Woody
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 11:03 PM, Maggie White wrote:
>> Muscat, Oman
> Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

To unsubscribe go to