[teacherartexchange] images on Google Chrome

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2011 - 19:03:01 PDT

Okay - what the 3rd week of school... tons of housework to do... a couple of late nights at school getting ready for our school's 100 year celebration (been there almost a third of them... yikes!)... so why not browse the interweb...

Have you tried images searches on Google Chrome? Do a simple image search... find one you like? Drag the image into the search bar and similar images show up. I did folk art landscapes - you can search by similar images, and color and layout are matched (fish on a platter in similar colors - shape of fish similar to the hills)... or search by subject - so I picked on with pumpkins... more images with pumpkins... I added a color filter for pink... lots of images of pumpkins - and people with pink sweaters, jackets etc. Interesting....

I sincerely hope I am not the last to hear of this... my excitement would be short-lived.

Here's another find - TinEye. TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions. TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks.

Ellen