Re: [teacherartexchange] combining high school art classes?

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2011 - 08:26:18 PDT

I taught Art 2,3,4 in the same room a few times. It was really hard to get them
all started on something but after itgot going then the start of one project did
not interfere with another. Have them sit in their own groups like Studio 1
together, etc. Give a reading or research assignment to others as you work with
one group. Have another make sketches for a work and then work with the third
group. It is a real hassle, but if you explain to the kids what you are trying
to do, they can be helpful. If they are not helpful, then off to the Dean for a
talk.

I don't think this is a good situation for you or the students, so I would
invite the admin. team in to see how it is working and what you are dealing
with. Maybe they will see how it is hard for you. Two groups in one period is
easier.

Ken Schwab
retired