Re: [teacherartexchange] block printing

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2011 - 06:08:49 PDT

Hi Frances,

I was in my classroom yesterday and found some wood blocks being and math tools being discarded in the hallway and claimed the box of items to be used as possible forms for bock printing. The tempera paint still does not give good even results-perhaps there is a mix-in to make the paint more evenly coat the bock. At any rate I ordered squeeze tubes of block printing ink.

I also received some bolts of fabric in solid colors from an interior designer. They were leftovers from drapery orders. How lucky is that!

I am very excited about block printing and thinking about applications for the finished projects ie block-printed fabrics may be covers for handmade sketchbooks!

I'd love to keep the discussion going for more ideas.

Barbara