RE: [teacherartexchange] Zentangles!

---------

From: Amy Broady (ABroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2011 - 17:18:48 PDT

Hello Kathy,

Totally Tangled is a GREAT Zentangle resource! I refer back to it again and
again.
The author also has some posters you might find helpful for your classroom:
http://www.zazzle.com/how_to_draw_a_zentangle_poster-228747478343405663
http://www.zazzle.com/alphatangle_poster-228865189138020783
The posters come in various sizes, starting at $9.95 for a small (about 11"
x 14").
The Alphatangle poster is based on her Alphatangle minibook, which is
another of my favorites.

Now there is a Zentangle for Kidz blog:
http://www.ztforkids.com/

Finally, Sakura provides the following lesson plan:
http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/images/stories/content_documents/zentangleles
sonplansmall.pdf

HTH!
Amy in TN
K-5 Art Teacher
Certified Zentangle Teacher

P.S. The creators of Zentangle have developed a very effective and enjoyable
way to teach/learn pattern-drawing in a way which promotes relaxed focus.
They have defined a ritual of sorts, or ceremony of steps, to engage artists
and non-artists in the process. It is this teaching method that they have
named "Zentangle" that they wish to protect. They do not claim to have
invented the patterns, which they acknowledge transcend time and culture.