[teacherartexchange] Zentangles!

---------

From: Katherine Purdy (kjp1627_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2011 - 14:50:10 PDT

Hello-

Someone posted an idea a few days ago on the doodle thread about
zentangles-
and I really liked the idea after seeing images of them I found on the
internet.

But I have had no success finding a lesson plan on zentangles or at
the very least step by step directions anywhere.
Googling and searching for 2 days! All I can really find is mention
of classes people have taken and a million images!

Found some books-Totally Tangled for example-and don't mind ordering
book but I want to make sure I get the RIGHT book-
so many out there-and I need a simple version for middle school. Also
the ones I found on Amazon do not let you look inside!

I think people are trying to "protect" the profitability of zentangles
as I notice it's all copyrighted and such!

Any resources people could suggest would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kathy in LA