[teacherartexchange] Block printing question

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2011 - 17:43:19 PDT

Hi fellow art teachers,

I have some cool wood blocks I bought from the street hawkers in India. School has not started in my district yet, but I was in my classroom today trying out those blocks-thinking we could carve our own perhaps from clay.

Anyway I tried tempera paint and it did not work well at all.

I have acrylic but fear it may be too messy-thinking of trying block printing with grades 5 and 6.

What have some of you used?

Thanks,
Barbara from Boston