Re: [teacherartexchange] high school visual arts curriculum question

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2011 - 08:53:57 PDT

We had Art 1,2,3,4 and A.P. art in high school as well as 3-D 1,2,3, and Photo
1,2. We had 5 full time teachers in a school of 1800 students. I would say Art
1, 3-D1 and Photo 1 were prerequisites for going on to Art 2, 3-D-2 or Photo 2.
In order to build a program you should have a progression of classes for the
students. I know this can be a challenge at first, but in a short time you will
get students who want to continue and you are providing that avenue.

Ken Schwab