Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Doodle lesson

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 10:40:18 PDT

Bonjour Kathy,
   Perhaps you can purchase some small white paper sacs in bulk then stuff them with firm rolls of newspaper until they fill up to the dimensions of a cube. Tape close the flaps and voilĂ , instant cube.

       Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
       Art Teacher K-5, retired since 2002. My work is going to be in a group exhibit at Fort Hayes HS Shot Tower Gallery August 26- October 7.
There will be a reception on Friday, September 30, 7-9 PM. If you are in the Central Ohio area, you are most welcome to attend!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2011, at 13:14, Katherine Purdy <> wrote:

> Hello everyone-
> I teach middle school and usually begin the year with a doodle project to ease my students fears about drawing....
> This year, instead of creating doodles in their sketchbooks, I'd like to get them doodling on some "thing"-like a 3-D
> object, but it has to be something we can make, costs little money or is from the recycle bin. Also it needs to be a surface
> we can actually draw on and SEE our doodles. I know-tough criteria!
> As you know when you TRULY doodle it is often on a piece of napkin, or a throwaway scrap of paper- because doodling is not precious!
> So my back up idea is to use napkins....but I am not sold on it yet!
> So I thought I'd ask the group fpr suggestions. I also thought of teaching kids FIRST to make a 3-D origami cube,
> because I do origami early in the year as well, but that's more difficult for some kids, and really requires me to teach origami
> first instead of doodling-and I like to start EASY for everyone! If the following tidbit helps spur your imaginations.... I got this
> 3-D doodling idea from a Kleenex box with amazing looking ballpoint doodle designs on it!
> Thanks,
> Kathy
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to