[teacherartexchange] Summer time

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2011 - 11:45:04 PDT

Hi All
  It's my second summer time being retired. Thought I would share a fatbook design I am working on. As I have shared before I am in a fatbook group, which means someone in the group decides the theme and the size of the book (in this case 4" x 4"), and then we all make pages to put in the book. This theme is Alphabet Summertime. I took back to back pages for G & H. Because my pages will not be separate (they will be glued back to back) our book will cover the whole alphabet but may not be 26 pages if you know what I mean. This is a great way for students to work on "theme". I am making 18 of these pages, and the person who is running this themed book is making 18 covers (there are 18 of us in this exchange). She will take all of our pages and bind them into books and send them out to us. So, for example if your students do this, they would have a great book at the end with different pages on the same theme.
  Oh, and of course I am up to here in gardening and tomatoes, but that is another story.

  Break a leg opening up your new school year.

  San D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31239756@N04/