Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 05, 2011

---------

From: Gweb Copeland (gwenda.copeland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2011 - 06:10:50 PDT

We started our 1st full day yesterday (Friday). Looking for some way to use
the time "wisely" I remembered a video I'd purchased a couple of years ago
call "Deep Dive". Loved this the 1st time I saw it. It's short, around 25
minutes, but really shows the creative process, brainstorming, &
collaboration through a company called IDEO. They're asked to design a
better shopping cart.

There use to be clips of this on the web but not the complete show. I
purchased it through either the NBC or ABC web site - forgot which, but
it's a great video to show students & really sets up the idea of
collaboration, trial & error, all kinds of things the kids need to know in
an art room. Favorite phrase - Focused Chaos.