[teacherartexchange] Anyone up for another Tip In Exchange?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 05:46:55 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have received several requests to offer another Tip In exchange.
This next one would be six pages - send me five.
We generally do facing inside spread, but the summer exchange was
single page front and back - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.
We may "tweak" the size. I have several of the small priority mail
boxes. Pages 5 x 8 will fit inside those. It might be fun to have the
box actually become your book cover - a challenge for later - to
decorate the box to compliment your book pages. We can decide on that
once the group is formed.

would not be until January - date more flexible this time.

I will need your full name:
email address:
home mailing address:
phone number:

I only use your phone number if I am unable to reach you by email.
Home mailing addresses do not get sent to the group, but email
addresses do.

I will let all who respond know if we have enough to proceed - and
then we can discuss themes. I have two in mind right now:
Family Ties (I have a page already designed for this - using old
family photos that I colorized in Photo Shop)
Behind the Mask (a continuation of my own African art theme - using a
gorgeous Peacock mask I purchased from Africa Direct in Colorado)

For "Behind the Mask" I am going to play with an idea I got from Jen
Weiss, a participant in the previous exchange. She created a wonderful
shrine door on the front of one of her pages. Each page she sent was
different - WOW! The "shrine" was perfect for me - and was so very
cool. The idea she did on the back side will be played with in a
future exchange. It is so much fun to learn from each other!

As always, Getty folks - if you reply to this to the group, please
remember to remove my email address before you click "Send". Removing
member email addresses cuts down on the amount of Spam we all receive.
Email bots harvest email addresses in Getty archives.

Regards,

Judy Decker