Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 28, 2010

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2010 - 08:48:49 PDT

 Great suggestions Tara!

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed teaching using the cart. It wasn't that
way at first
until I got really organized like Tara suggested. And, when I started involving
the students
in pushing, unloading and reloading the cart they loved it and then I realized I
needed to
involve students in this cart business as much as possible. Tara is so right!

After two or three years, the PTA finished an art room for me. I loved my new
art room and the
fact that they worked so hard for the art program to build a new room. However,
I missed seeing
what was going on in their classrooms. I lost touch with what was going on with
the rest of the
curriculum.

Good luck.

Diane

P.S. Learn how to properly lift and carry boxes, etc. so your back does not
give out on you. I had to literally go to "Back School." They video taped me
lifting and carrying and I failed miserably at that test. They had to teach me
how to properly lift, carry and haul stuff around. Learning this helped me
immensely.