RE:[teacherartexchange] ART FROM A CART

---------

From: Karen Mitchell (KLMitchell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2010 - 06:19:24 PDT

I teach high school Art 1 (Intro to Art) from a cart; I've been a floating teacher for 4 years now. The rooms I float to have storage locations for students' artwork, so I have never had to cart that around. I have a 3-level cart, and all of my rooms have mounted projectors connected to the teacher computer.

*My warm-up/quick-start is in a powerpoint, which I quickly open that when I enter the room, so the students have something to do while I am unpacking my stuff.

*I have a small whiteboard mounted to the side of my cart where I write my objectives and TEKS.

*The top shelf of my cart has a small plastic shelf, where students can turn in letter-size papers. On top of that I have a folder file where I keep 2 folders for each class. I put graded work in one to return, and I put all permanent paperwork for each class in the other (health notices, special ed paperwork, referrals, etc).

*The rest of the top shelf is used for "desk" supplies - stapler, tape, clips, my seating charts and attendance, etc.

*The remaining 2 shelves on my cart I use to carry supplies. I have plastic tubs for each medium that I use, and I rotate them out of a storage closet as needed. I generally keep paper and other "clean" things on the middle shelf, and paint, pencils, and other "dirty" things on the bottom, so that if they spill they don't ruin anything.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please email me and I will be glad to help!

-Karen Mitchell
Pasadena High School
Pasadena, Texas