Re: [teacherartexchange] ART FROM A CART

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2010 - 08:24:39 PDT

Wow, 80 minutes is a long time for 6th graders to do just about
anything! Do you divide the time up, or spend the whole time working
on a project? My classes are about 50 minutes long, and I know that
my kids work best if they have a long-term project to work on, and
some short projects to do when they finish early or need a break from
the first project. It also helps for them to have a portfolio to keep
work in, so they can revisit old projects (and so I have stuff to
swipe if we have an exhibit opportunity!)

 I don't have art on a cart, and I only had to do that for a couple
years, but when I did, Gallon-size ziploc baggies were my best friend!
 I made supply packs of the supplies kids would need for the day so I
could pass them out easily and also easily check for lost items.

Good luck!

Rebecca

--
Rebecca Burch,