Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Magazine Covers

---------

From: Michal Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2010 - 21:17:26 PDT

I do this project. Questions my students might ask include what
hobbies the teacher does outside of school, favorite food/restaurant,
favorite movies, favorite board game, favorite sports team, favorite
sport. Studying magazine covers is a good intro, emphasizing a large
photo, large appropriate title, 5-7 teasers for articles that might be
included inside this magazine. I have students google a barcode
(sometimes there are really cool barcodes that reflect the teacher's
interest), include a date/price. The goal is to convince the viewer
that this could be a real magazine cover.
~Michal