Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Class load and prep periods

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 21:17:53 PDT

I teach in a private school, but my course load seems to be pretty
normal. I teach 3 classes of Art I, with one of them being mixed Art
I/Art II, and 3 middle school art exploratory classes. I have lunch
or after school duty most weeks, and one prep period per day. Hope
this helps.

Charleston Catholic High School

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Barbara Marder <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I teach K-8 Art.
> I teach six 40 minute classes every day plus have a daily lunch duty and this upcoming school year will have an early morning attendance taking assignment.  I also have 25 mandatory after school hours of scheduled professional development and three PTA nights.
> Barbara from Boston
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 2:29 PM, Erwin, Douglas B. wrote:
> >
> > Greetings Colleagues;
> > HELP!...PLEASE!   I have been trying to get an idea about what is considered a full STUDIO ART teaching load, and how many prep periods would that include?  Please let me know how your district or school calculates your working load, or where I can find an  answer.  Does your state have regulations, or is there a national standard, and where can I find it?
> > Many thanks,
> > Mr. E
> > Marin Co. CA
> > ---