RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 10, 2010

---------

From: DelPercio, Erin (erin.DelPercio_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 05:56:26 PDT

Hello artsy fartsy folk!
I have a challenge this year that is new to me. We had the elementary
transitions program move to my building. It's the kids that just can't
handle behaviorally being in a regular classroom setting. They are
split into two classes k-2 and 3-5. They also have a para in each
class. Anyway, they will be coming to specials, but for only 20 minutes
every 4 days. I'm struggling with what to do with these guys. First
like I said I only have them 20 minutes every few days and second, they
will be at totally different levels. Second graders can do considerablly
more than Kindergarteners. Any suggestions, thoughts etc would be so
appreciated.
:)
Thanks to all and have a wonderful start to the school year.
Erin