[teacherartexchange] themes for coming school year

---------

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2010 - 06:34:42 PDT

Hi all,
   Thanks for the great ideas for Rocking the School year. Here is what I have
decided. After spending 36 hours last week in both classrooms just organizing
and cleaning ( volunteer time!!!) and getting to keep my only grandchild this
week (for the first time away from home) I'm going to go the easiest route. I
found a great company on line (trippystore.com) that had reasonably priced rock
posters and chose 5 with really great funky, colorful graphics. think Grateful
Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, etc. They offer 10% discount on more than 3 and
free shipping. I'll be putting these on the wall with a slogan "The Rock World
through the Eyes of an Artist" or something like that. Then as the school year
progresses, we'll be doing some of the great art projects you all suggested. For
my other school, I'll be putting up big art prints with sports themes - like
Jacob Lawrence's sprinters and Rockwell's football players , etc and the slogan
(you already guessed it) "Sports through the Eyes of and Artist" I have several
good sports related art projects that I have done in the past. I'll post some of
them as they progress. Now I can spend my last few days of freedom enjoying my
precious Sam - hoping his sad parents won't come get him early!)

         Jeryl in SC