Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on getty.edu! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Glitter Lung

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 16:54:45 PDT


Hi,

Actually I have never liked glitter and think it may be toxic-it is so weightless that it is easy to ingest and it attached itself to fibers making it difficult to remove it from the air.

Instead I use glitter glue or shiny papers or metallic medium for the sparkle effect.

Barbara from Boston
On Aug 7, 2010, at 1:26 PM, Cheryl Lloyd wrote:

> Just a funny story I had to share...
>
> As I opened the door to the UPS man bringing this year's art supplies to me, I noticed he had a frown on his face and a sparkle on his cheek. Apparently, the 1 lb of black glitter I ordered had busted open (which actually looked like it had exploded) and completely covered the box, and proceeded to spill out the corners leaving a glittery trail behind him. I am certain he will be finding it all over himself and the truck for months to come.
>
> It took me an hour to clean it out of the box. You wouldn't believe how it got into sealed packages! I have swept the house about 30 times, but I keep finding it and every time I look at my two children and husband there is an extra dazzling quality about them. :)
>
> Anyway, I thought I would share. And it made me think of this article I read in The Onion a couple of year's back. http://www.theonion.com/articles/cases-of-glitter-lung-on-the-rise-among-elementary,1843/ It's hilarious!
>
> Happy Back to School everyone!
> Cheri Lloyd
> Ceres, CA
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to
> http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html
>

---
To unsubscribe go to 
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html