[teacherartexchange] Glitter Lung

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 10:26:24 PDT

Just a funny story I had to share...

As I opened the door to the UPS man bringing this year's art supplies to me, I noticed he had a frown on his face and a sparkle on his cheek. Apparently, the 1 lb of black glitter I ordered had busted open (which actually looked like it had exploded) and completely covered the box, and proceeded to spill out the corners leaving a glittery trail behind him. I am certain he will be finding it all over himself and the truck for months to come.

It took me an hour to clean it out of the box. You wouldn't believe how it got into sealed packages! I have swept the house about 30 times, but I keep finding it and every time I look at my two children and husband there is an extra dazzling quality about them. :)

Anyway, I thought I would share. And it made me think of this article I read in The Onion a couple of year's back. http://www.theonion.com/articles/cases-of-glitter-lung-on-the-rise-among-elementary,1843/ It's hilarious!

Happy Back to School everyone!
Cheri Lloyd
Ceres, CA