Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Computer parts that are safe for jewelry making

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 19:10:18 PDT

Hi Judy. Thanks for the heads-up on the sites. I'm going to check with
BayArea Waste and see what they say. Maybe they have computers already
broken down for recycling. I'm sure this would be safer. Wish I had
those earrings of yours. "One woman's trash is another woman's
treasure". I'm all about garage sales! Toodles.....Bunki

On Aug 24, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Greetings Getty Folks,
> I know some computer parts are safe for jewelry making. I had a pin
> and earrings made from Friendly Plastic and computer parts (maybe
> memory sticks? - just small squares of the green board). I never got
> around to experimenting myself (or researching what was safe) so never
> did the project with my students. Wish I had known a couple months ago
> - I could have sent them to Bunki! I never wore them. I sold them at
> our church garage sale for $5.00 for the set (a super bargain!).
> I just Googled - computer parts that are safe to use in jewelry making
> - and got a lot of hits.
> I also Googled - computer memory used for jewelry -
> and got some hits.
> Happy surfing!
> Judy
> Note: If you post a reply to this - please delete my email address. So
> are, your efforts are working to reduce Spam on this account. I
> appreciate all you are doing. I think I have only seen a couple of
> people posted this address so far.
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to