Re:[teacherartexchange] BE CAREFUL USING JUNKED COMPUTERS!!

---------

From: Emmy Wood (naturehappens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 16:53:20 PDT

I too have a stash af computerboards that I would love to make into jewelry.... But I've heard what Maggie is talking about too- I have been thinking about ways to seal in the toxins- maybe dimensional glaze? Wax?
Bunki- you should check out the work of Edward Burtynsky- he has a DVD called Manufactured Landscapes- it is beautiful and horrifying! He photographs man-made landscapes, and talks about the environmental hazards... In your free time of course ;)

By the way, Do you have anymore info on how to get started with zentangles? I found the website, but can't afford to buy the kit right now- I think I understand the basic idea- filling spaces with lines and patterns, Are there general guidelines for the "string" and What about pattern sample ideas? I would love to do these with my students who are afraid of drawing... and maybe teach it to my fellow faculty too

Thanks and have a great year everyone!
Emmy