RE: [teacherartexchange] Nam June Paik idea

---------

From: LetsartAndy (letsart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 07:44:17 PDT

Nam Jun Paik is a Korean and he passed away several years ago.

Lasrt year Me and my students had some fun and interesting art project of his video art and performance.
And indeed we had a great exhibition in famous art gallery and we have got great review.

We had three different project according to their age group.

For younger children, we have used founding objects and boxes to creat their own TV Monitor.
And let them create and or draw the portrait of Nam-Jun Paik. Some children even made some monitor fuzzy effect.
If you want to I can send you some photos that you can look at.

Secondly, Older kidshave created TV-Video robot made out of boxes and founding objects..such as old CD, various bottle caps for robot's
eye. This was a group project so they made much details.

Thirdly, these kids have reviewed some perfomance video done by Nam-Jun Paik from YOuTUBE.
At first time these kids felt strange and akward by his performance specially watching the scene of smashing Violin.
But we have talked about it and I have performed first and let them try it. Suprizingly kids have enjoyed it.
After different groups have performed differently I have made 5 min video wirh techno music back ground.
And we placed the computer monitor on Robot and played.
It looked awsome.

Here is one of our video that I made from children's performance. I hope it can give you some idea. If children are older enough let children
to use MS moviemaker to create their own. Simply place the computer monitor on the belly ot head of the robot and computer on the leg. Play them in loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBgPj-BTHU&feature=fvsr

I have some pictures of the projects and if you need it please let me know that I can send them to you through email.

Good Luck~!!!!

Andy Lee frm Korea