[teacherartexchange] Computer parts that are safe for jewelry making

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 07:26:16 PDT

Greetings Getty Folks,

I know some computer parts are safe for jewelry making. I had a pin
and earrings made from Friendly Plastic and computer parts (maybe
memory sticks? - just small squares of the green board). I never got
around to experimenting myself (or researching what was safe) so never
did the project with my students. Wish I had known a couple months ago
- I could have sent them to Bunki! I never wore them. I sold them at
our church garage sale for $5.00 for the set (a super bargain!).

I just Googled - computer parts that are safe to use in jewelry making
- and got a lot of hits.

I also Googled - computer memory used for jewelry -
and got some hits.

Happy surfing!

Judy

Note: If you post a reply to this - please delete my email address. So
are, your efforts are working to reduce Spam on this account. I
appreciate all you are doing. I think I have only seen a couple of
people posted this address so far.