[teacherartexchange] LFS model

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 06:57:30 PDT

We are picking up more training this fall in our school using the Learner Focused model. It IS geared for academic areas....forget finding anything written example wise for art.( At least I have not seen anything....) I agree with Jerry - just another sales package. In 29 years I have seen it all come and go.....I do like the idea of the essential question...the rest of it seems to be just variations on the old standby I learned in college years ago.

I do use rubrics and checklists for grading and ALWAYS have students write a reflective statement.That is what works for me. Good luck.

Donnalyn in NYT