Re: [teacherartexchange] Lesson plan help

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 08:15:25 PDT

I am here to tell everyone that we should be very close to having the Art one year plan and other lessons available on a website that my son is making. We are currently working on the site and logistics for downloads and such. Hopefully it will be ready soon. In this we have a full year broken down into quarters with complete lesson plans, hints and tips for the teacher, complete PowerPoint demo's of real projects for the teacher or student, a time line guide and step by step approach to these works.

My self and my friend Bob Capitolo (who I co-wrote our book "Drawing
Course 101") have put this together for a long time. It is the result of teaching 36 years each in high school and it is a great program. We started teaching A.P Studio in 1986 and Bob and I only had one student get a 2, all the rest were 3,4,5 and many 5's. Some of their work was done in Art 1 for the portfolio's.

I know that I had talked about this before but my son is a working professional web designer and he is fitting this in when he can. So if you are a new teacher or even a seasoned vet, you might want to check this out and see if you can use the whole year program. You can buy all or part of it.

I will let you all know when you can see it with examples and everything. I am only writing this now as I read that people are wanting curriculum for their classes. We are wanting to share what we did for all those years, but it is in a package that took a lot of work and so we are asking for compensation.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA