Re: [teacherartexchange] looking for money

---------

From: Jean King (kingjean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 06:07:13 PDT

Good morning Phyllis,

Adopt-a-Classroom and Donors Choose are both good ways to fund special
projects. They both have websites and are on Facebook and Twitter. I
know that Walmart had a grant out there, but I think the deadline is
past. I've also received a WeAreTeachers Microgrant.

Some cities have organizations that give away salvaged office supplies
and other goodies. I just got a ton of misprinted custom pencils.
Here in Houston the AIA gives away sample books and a variety of
fabric swatches, etc. twice a year. Check with your local arts
organizations to see if they know of anything.

Hope this helps.

Jean King
In Houston, Texas, where the kids come back tomorrow!
Pre-K - 5