Re: [teacherartexchange] looking for money

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 22 2009 - 06:33:49 PDT

Since you are near Boston, go to Ames Envelope Co. in Somerville Ma on
Monday and Thursday mornings from 9-12. They give out free paper/
poster board/folders....whatever they are using that week, free to
teachers. If you can make it on any days before school starts, you
should be able to get some things. then call and see what monday
holidays they still work. It has really saved our system and we come
from a wealthy town. the arts just never get the money they need to
run a program. A few years back we got hundreds of dollars in free
watercolor paper. Lately though, it's been a lot of poster board type.
There's also a place out near fitchburg that gives out roll ends of
sticky paper, like silver mylar paper with a sticker like backing. I
haven't been there, but I've seen it on google when I've looked for
recycle or free teacher supplies in MA. Also look at WeAreTeachers.com
for frequent mini grants. I just won one. They give $200 and a
flipvideo camera for all kinds of projects. The only problem is it is
a popularity type vote. The top ten vote getters win. But if you can
social network, it works. I won with 453 votes. They are running a
mini grant proposal right now if you want to apply.

diane