RE: [teacherartexchange] Learning Focused

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 19:22:50 PDT

I suspect from the language used that this is some kind of approach based upon constructivism. Constructivism is a theory as to how individuals learn best...The practices associated with constructivism are learner centered and focused on learning. Some see this as being in opposition to the instructivist philosophy that focuses on direct teaching by a teacher rather than on learning by an active learner. Of course this is just a guess. Look up constructivism on the web. There are generally three major forms of constructivism: cognitive(Piagetian), social constructivism (Vygotsky), and radical constructivism. Practices such as cooperative learning, project based learning, problem solving, etc. I hope this helps.

Diane