Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Learning Focused

From: Dana Paternoster (thenatureofart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 17:55:09 PDT

Hi, our school in Delaware is adopting the Learning Focused model of making and delivering lessons. I was wondering if anyone is doing this, and what your opinion is? I am the only art teacher in our school, and I teach high school Art I, II, III, and IV.
Is it working for you?
Is it a whole lot more work for you?
Does it give the amazing results that it promises?
Do you use it every day?
How often do you actively teach through a lesson that takes the kids a long time to actually make their artwork?
So far all we have been trained on is writing lesson and doing frequent short assessments. What I am hoping for are different ways to deliver the message to the students. In college I studied art and then took a few education classes which really told us NOTHING about how to sucessfully deliver or teach a lesson. Everything seemed based around speaking to kids one-on-one, which I can not base a lesson for 32 students in a class on. Now, 9 years later, I think I am just finally beginning to catch on. It has been a very hard road that I have tried and tried to get off of, but just can't seem to find another path in life. I must say that this list serv has been an endless source of ideas and encouragment.
Thanks so much for your comments.
HotmailŪ is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.

To unsubscribe go to