[teacherartexchange] Textbooks - Uses in the classroom

---------

From: Dana Paternoster (thenatureofart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 17:52:41 PDT

The subject of textbooks comes up a lot. I teach high school and have the Art in Focus and the big Stockstad Art History. I like both books for different reasons and different levels, but mainly use them for reference or when a substitute is there, and just now and then to introduce a lesson.

My question is, how does everyone else use their textbooks? Are they an intergral part of your curriculum, or do you use them about the same as I do?

Many people do not belive in using textbooks in art class, and I am so curious as to where you get the information that your kids use without them.

Thanks so much.

Dana