RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 14, 2009

---------

From: Kim Navarre (navarre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 09:57:09 PDT

Children's story books

I'm looking for short story books to precede art projects and which
spark creativity in kids age 5-8. I'm not necessarily looking for art
related books but springboards for lessons. I've used The Dot to
precede pointillism, Ish to precede cubism and Magpie Magic to
precede Lauren Burch. Any ideas? I had heard of a book about a little
girl who wants to use a permanent marker and then reinvents herself
but I have not been able to find the title or author. Does this sound
familiar to anyone?

Kim
wingspanart