Re: [teacherartexchange] Independent project for Middle School - Elements/Principles

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 07:50:39 PDT

Greetings Tina (and all),

An excellent Elements/Principles project would be a poster design for
a cause the students feel passionate about. We often hear that
students today are apathetic. "We" can change that! "We" (art
teachers) have the power to make them care.

Writing more details about this lesson would take me a lot of time
(smile). I have many "Invisible art" ideas/lessons already posted on
the web (Lessons I wrote that never materialized - or at least I never
found out about it if they did). My favorite "Invisible Art" lesson to
date is the Blue Man one I wrote about.

Please do not post a reply to this to Getty list asking for more. If
you want to hear more, ask me at my Yahoo address that is posted on
Incredible Art Department.

Reminder to all: If you post a reply to any one's post, take a couple
of seconds to remove the member's email address from your post. It is
a courtesy. Spammers grab email addresses from the list archives. I
have not closed my former Gmail address yet as I haven't learned how
to transfer my archive to this address. Once a week I go in a delete
all of the "crap" I receive. Most of it from my own email address!
(that form of Spamming started last year sometime - spoofing your own
address). Quite disgusting stuff, too. Somehow, Yahoo has found a way
to block that form of spamming as I don't get any on that address.
Call me "controlling" if you wish (smile). Many do.

Regards,

Judy Decker