RE:[teacherartexchange] curriculum

---------

From: Bexley Art (bexleyart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 04:09:07 PDT

Hi, Beth!

We've used the "AP Vertical Teams" notebook to guide our recent & ongoing
curriculum revamp. I attended an all-day AP session a few years ago taught
by College Board presenter and superb art teacher Barbara Sunday. While in
that session, I realized that this idea made perfect sense for our district.
The district art teachers have worked together to align according to the
Art/ Design principles. Each division (K-6, 7-8, 9-12) has a set of goals/
skills for students to master. We also got rid of prerequisite courses
because skills, vocabulary, media, etc. are now built-into our K-12 program.
In the end, we all help prepare kids to succeed in our upper-level AP
classes -- AP Studio and AP Art History.

Hope this helps you.

Mabi Ponce de Leon
Bexley HS
Columbus, OH

"It is not happiness that makes us grateful but gratefulness that makes us
happy." - Br. David Steindl-Rast
www.gratefulness.org