Re: [teacherartexchange] Careers in Art Lesson Plan Ideas?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 07:33:33 PDT

My middle schoolers all LOVE to create stop-motion videos. They could create
a claymation commercial for their chosen career - or just a regular
commercial. They can also create their business cards & letterheads to go
with their business.
~Michal

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has a strong lesson on careers in art,
specifically digital arts. I will be teaching a digital art class to
7th and 8th graders this year. I will have twice as many students as
computers, so I was hoping to have the non-computer working students
working on an alternative assignment relating to all of the many
wonderful things artist do with technology and art. I've looked
around the internet but all I keep finding is 'read article and create
a poster' type ideas. Can anyone think of anything else - something
my middle schoolers might buy into more? They won't have access to a
computer but I can provide books and articles for their research.
Thanks for any and all advice!
Heather