[teacherartexchange] Juried Watercolors / Children and Puppies

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 21:07:58 PDT

Juried Watercolors / Children and Puppies

We just returned from Taos, New Mexico. We went to the Millicent
Rogers Museum for
the opening of watercolor exhibition at the Millicent Rogers Museum.
We attended the
opening of the Taos National Exhibition of American Watercolor
Exhibition. It was exceptional
as it was last year. This is a wonderful venue to showcase
watercolors. This is becoming a true
"national" watercolor show - with work from all parts of the country.
I'm quite pleased to have my
work hung along side so many quality painters. There were a handful of
other New Mexico artists
selected for the show as well.This is the third year I've been in the
Taos National Exhibition of
American Watercolor so I've earned signature status.
This is my watercolor in Taos:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/AtTheZooFinished.jpg

When we returned from Taos I received a letter telling me that my
watercolor of Blossom was accepted
by the juror into the Mississippi Watercolor Society Grand National
Watercolor Exhibition. The exhibit
will be at Mississippi Museum of Art in Jackson, Mississippi from
October 3rd, 2009 through January 3rd,
2010. We plan to attend the opening reception on Sunday, October 4th.
My watercolor accepted for Mississippi is:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/BlossomWithBallWeb.jpg
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net