[teacherartexchange] Calendar Fundraiser

---------

From: Kimberly Ans (kans_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 19:45:05 PDT

Hi-

Thanks for all the interesting ideas for the start of the new school
year. Luckily we don't start back until September so i still have time
for planning.

I've been thinking about creating a calender of student artwork to
sell. both to raise some money for my program but also to use some of
the profits to give back to the community. I've never done something
like that before and was looking for any advice about what to do and
not to do.

My thoughts are to create a theme based around whatever community
organization we decide to support whether it is the food bank or
animal shelter or homeless shelter.

My questions are how many copies should I order? What is a reasonable
amount to ask per calender? what's the best way to choose the work to
be included in the calender? Student vote? Teacher vote?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kim
North Peace Secondary School
Fort St. John, BC