Re: [teacherartexchange] Fun first week of school ideas

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 17:54:39 PDT

Thank you so much for the fun ideas. I did something similar that
would be a variation. I looked up "Mendi hands" online, learned a
bit about the Indian/Pakistani tradition of drawing designs on their
hands and sometimes their feet for special occasions, esp. weddings.
Check it out. Then I had students trace their hands on 9x 12 paper
and design their hands using their own designs, especially designs
related to their interests. The kids loved it, and they were quietly
busy, which is unusual.
Gayle