Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Fun first week of school ideas

From: Melissa Speelman (lucylomax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 14:05:57 PDT

Hello all,

Each year I like to do a studio activity with students on the first day
instead of going over rules and regulations like every other teacher in the
building (I teach 7th and 8th grade). I try to find something that helps me
to get to know each student better- through the actual assignment and also
because I am able to interact with students while they are working on the
project. Here's an example of something I've done in the past . . . Each student creates
tagboard flip flop with a personal collage- more details on my blog. These
only take a couple of days and are always a hit at open house.

I'm wondering if any of you have other first week activity ideas to share.
I'm looking for something new once again.

Thanks in advance!

To unsubscribe go to