[teacherartexchange] thanks ideas

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 09:22:26 PDT

Thanks for the ideas on printmaking Ken! I cannot wait to get my press ( it has arrived according to invoice notification) and start off using it before the kids come in Sept!

Nexo - I will look at that for file sharing.

Great - I think my 6th graders will like the master artist idea. I do Table Managers now - they are in charge of supply distribution & collection and it seems to be A Big Deal to them to have that job!!

Seating Charts - I use them otherwise you get 10 kids trying to sit with their friends and you know what happens then.....too much chat....!!

I do allow them to move when doing subjects such as still life drawing or collaborative work & I do change tables around. I can set my room up with 5 main work table groups or arrange the tables into a giant square with 1 side partly open & a table in center - very good for still life work. Kids seem to like that on occasion.( but then - for that time I have to suspend the idea of table manager)

Besides - for a sub it is easier to take attendance with a seating chart. Our School Tools allows us to make photo seating charts print and edit at will so it is easy to move students around and then the sub has photos to check names against.

Notan - was thinking also about doing that as one of my first days projects - simple way to review positive negative space/geometric/organic shapes in a project where everyone will most likely experience success.

Donnalyn in NY