[teacherartexchange] CREO Magazine - Premier Issue

---------

From: sweerth (sweerth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 16:21:13 PDT

CREO Magazine has launched its first issue! Thanks to everyone's support to
get this project off the ground. You can read the current issue by visiting
www.creomagazine.com. You'll also find information on how your students can
contribute to this online publication (open to high school and college level
students only).

CREO is free to students and teachers alike - so feel free to use it within
your classroom. Our goal is to be a relevant visual culture resource from
the perspective of students.

We are accepting submissions for our "Dwellings" issue due to be published
November 1. The deadline is September 30.

If you're not yet familiar with CREO read on...

                "More than a magazine, CREO is a work of art created with
the cooperation and passion of its contributing readers. Each issue explores
a theme where student artists, designers, and writers
are invited to share their interpretation. We showcase the work of
innovative, provocative minds from various
genres to bring a fresh and relevant voice to student publication. We
celebrate risk-taking, the entrepreneurial
spirit, and the desire to affect change. This format allows us to accentuate
the art and visual aspect of journalism: the design is
sophisticated, the writing intelligent, the content relevant. This unique
perspective illuminates the experience of those who will soon
visually shape our culture."

Here's to the start of a new year!
Sarah Weerth
Editor & Creative Director