[teacherartexchange] Sharing files/lessons

---------

From: Emmy Wood (naturehappens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 11:59:46 PDT

When I was trying to share my powerpoints with the group I found how annoying attaching large files can be (especially when you have children, or other things that are more worthy of your time).  I think your idea about finding a sharing website is a good one for those large files. I've never heard of ehow, but it sounds like it might be worth checking out...
I have a Nexo account- have you heard of it? One of the schools I student taught in used it- we could have a Teacher Art Exchange Group on there and then every member could set up their own page, and then it is just a matter of uploading files that you may want to share, then anyone that is a friend or member of your group can download what's out there.  It's all free, so no pay for your trouble, but it is VERY easy to use- I'm thinking about setting it up for the older kids in my computer classes to try blogging and post art, participate in discussions... (You can set it up with as much security as you want to protect kids). I'd be willling to set the group up with the NEXO thing- just a thought
Emmy In Colorado