Re: [teacherartexchange] New ideas!

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 09:02:26 PDT

Collagraphs are good, as well as dry point etchings to be used with a press. The collagraphs (sp?) need simple small reliefs things like Bristol board, gesso, string, sand paper, etc. I did this with a senior class in high school but it can be done at any level. Practice making a print for pressure needed, ink, amount to wipe off, time to soak paper etc. A little preview here is a big help. There are some books on this. My friend Bob and I did this, a lot, and should make a pair of lessons including etchings and collagraphs.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA