Re: [teacherartexchange] 1st day seating & multiple project choices for HS

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 07:31:18 PDT

thanks for sharing - I was caught by the teacher who said those who
have the gift of teaching don't seem to struggle...
I would rather call it a challenge - and the gift of teaching is
being reflective and thinking it through. If you aren't frustrated at
some point... or don't struggle.... I wouldn't think there would be
any growth on your part....

I don't have seating charts - because I am not that type of person
(read... my system of organization is not about charts and papers...
that is me. I think you have to know yourself.) so I don't think it
works well for me.... I move when I need to. I also have K-8 and have
had these kids forever - or their siblings. Every grade comes once a
week - and for MS I think there are other challenges - a continuum of
expectations... I don't like that they don't come everyday. I don't
think it is the best - even if it was for 6 weeks. Continuity would
be so helpful.

Judy Decker shared a blog - The Teaching Palette - someone shared
'Magic Pocket Name' - it sounds like it could be something to try for
youngers out there...
http://theteachingpalette.com/index.php?s=pocket+name

Ellen